These lunchbox frittatas make a delicious change from muffins and are a good alternative to having meat as a protein source. Fussy eaters that like egg will love these – just keep the veggies familiar.
This recipe makes six lunch box sized frittatas in a muffin tin. If you want to make less or more, just halve or double the ingredients. Easy!
I like to make these when I’ve already got the oven on for something else, and add them in the last 10 minutes so I can keep an eye on them. Undercooked is easy fixed, over done isn’t.
1/4 cup milk
1 cup vegetables
(eg. Roast pumpkin, broccoli, corn, peas, fresh spinach)
1/4 cup cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 170C
2. Line 6 muffin tin holes with squares of baking paper
3. Spread the vegetables evenly between the cases
2. In small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and cheese
3. Pout egg mixture over the vegetables
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until the mixture is site but slightly wobbly in the middle (it will keep cooking as it cools).
* Lunchbox frittatas can be frozen, but they need to be wrapped very well and are best eaten within a week or they dry out. A frozen frittata in a lunchbox will be defrosted by morning tea.
Want more lunchbox inspiration? Check out these Magic Muffins.